Monday 25 May 2009

I wanna marry a lighthouse keeper & live by the side of the sea!

This is super super duper outdated, but I've finally got around to blogging about it. Better late than never right? Valentines Day this year, I happened to be back in Singapore doing my internship at Ogilvy & Mather, so we decided to go for a short weekend getaway! As usual, our complete lack of planning led to some cock-ups along the way, but we worked it out anyway.

We were supposed to leave on Saturday morning and come home on Sunday night making it a short 2day-1night trip. Us being us, didn't wake up till about noon on Saturday so by the time we got to the ferry terminal, it was 2pm. We then found out that as we didn't book our return ferry beforehand, there were no available seats on any ferries for the following day except for the 7am ferry! Undeterred, we just bought a one way ferry ticket and figured we would decide on the return later.

So we got there and checked in. The staff that dropped us off at our villa were like "Sir, just two people, for the whole villa?" And D just sheepishly nodded. When we settled comfortably into the villa we rang kenneth/kris/michael to see if they wanted to join us since we had two extra bedrooms, but we couldn't get a hold of them and decided to just screw it and enjoy the privacy :) The villa, and the bbq pit/outdoor area.


One of the main reasons why we wanted to book the villa was because each villa comes with its very own private golf buggy. I know it sounds kinda lame, but YAY.


Even I, miss-cannot-drive-for-nuts, learnt to drive the buggy :) Kinda scary at first, but quite addictive too. Don't laugh okay, one tiny step for me, one giant step for mankind :) Hurhur.


Oh and by the time we checked in, and had a quick meal, we realized that it was already 5+ and all activities had already ceased for a day, leaving us... nothing to do, really. Which means that it would be absolutely stupid for us to leave on the 7am ferry the following day. We thus decided to extend our trip for an extra day, making it 3 days and 2 nights instead.


So anyway, we decided to go for a massage instead, the first of many to come across the trip :) And live band at dinner which was kinda nice in a traditional-acoustic kinda way.


Ordered room service that night, the kimchi soup was pretty good.





the view from the villa, and us on the buggy!


We went ATV riding!


I actually wanted to get a double rider, but D thought (and the staff supported) that going solo would be much more fun! So, reluctantly I agreed. And this is what happens when you let someone with no psycho-motor skills ride the ATV solo- she crashes into a bush and injures herself every ten minutes.


The view when we reached the Long beach after about 45 mins of riding.


Absolutely gorgeous and pristine.


Us. I have to admit, when I wasn't crashing into bushes or injuring myself, it was actually pretty fun. Quite an adrenaline rush indeed.


At one point (when I crashed and D wanted to take a photo of me), we actually realized that I had lost his camera! So he had to backtrack to find it and I was terrified because I always spoil my own camera and then borrow Mum's/Ahyee's/Daren's and spoil/lose theirs.... but luckily we managed to find the camera :)


Lunch by the pool side.






dinner at the kelong


And pictures wise, that's pretty much it, until I develop my water camera :)


Relatively cheap trip cos try as I might, there was absolutely nothing for me to buy, so no shopping = save money! Super short getaway, but it was nice to get some quality time with the boy away from all the hustle & bustle of the real world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment