Tuesday 5 May 2009

I PREDICT A RIOT; I PREDICT A RIOT!


A few months back, the two boys asked if I wanted to go along with them for the Kaiser Chiefs concert. I more or less said okay, even though at that point, I had never heard a single song of theirs in my life! And then Daren told me that the concert was a Standing gig!! Omg! I kind of freaked out a little! Then some time later, Max told me there would be no air con! It was at Fort Canning Green, you know.....outdoors?! Now, every once in a while, I like pretending I'm rockstar and all that, but let's face it... I really really really hate pespiring. And standing. And pespiring while standing. And standing while perspiring. You get my drift. I started dreading the concert little bit more everyday, and Jia kept telling me it wasn't my kind of music either! I decided: a picnic mat, a chair on the picnic mat & lots of food. I would survive.


So when I came back to Singapore, I decided to try to try conditioning myself to the music by listening to their album on Daren's ipod every single time we were in the class! &&& then one day, I realized that "Ruby" and "Everyday I love you Less and Less" are their songs! You know "Ruby ruby ruby ruby!"?!! Through that I began to realize what amazing lyricists/poets they were (no, I'm not being sarcastic), and started to be more open to their music. By the night of their concert, I was feeling pretty enthusiastic and equipped with knowledge of a good 6 songs! Yes a good, solid 6 songs: I learnt my lesson well, Oh my God, Good days and bad days, Try your best & the 2 I mentioned earlier.


We made our way down pretty early thinking we were gonna be late, because the boys were reallly excited. Turns out we were really really early. Whilst panting walking my way up the hill, I noticed that Fort Canning Park looked amazing lit up. The last time I was there was years ago for Ballet under the Stars with Mark.


As it turns out, we were so early. These concerts Never start on time. The ticket stub said it would start at 8. We were there at 7. Crowds only started streaming at around 830. The Kaisers didn't even arrive until 915pm!


Having been persuaded by the boys earlier on, I had decided to abandon my brilliant idea of the picnic mat & chairs. Should have done so, because as it turned out the boys were wrong. People do bring picnic mats to rock concerts. Lots of free time and nothing to do meant only one thing.


That's right.....Camwhoring! Damn straight!!




Even after Electrico's (the opening band) set, there was all this empty time... and you could just see the crowd beginning to get restless and annoyed. We were so bored, we even took photos of our hands and legs, lame!


But when the Kaisers finally came.. and they got on stage and started singing right away, it fixed everything! It was like suddenly no one was annoyed anymore. There was this hype and excitement fizzling through the crowd.


They were amazing! Brilliant musicians and brilliant performers.


And so we left in high spirits!


Supper: meesua but in bakchormee style, i had two bowls, slurps! And then the funniest thing happened while we were in NUS dropping Max off at Temasek Hall. We ran into Leon, who was having a run. Daren decided to switch on his spotlight and follow/chase him around in a car. Leon tried repeatedly to ditch us by running into .. well.. bushes? or what not. Very funny indeed.

-




But it's not always play play play, sometimes, we hit the national library too. Okay, it was one time. But it still counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment