Friday 22 May 2009

Diving into the Pinhole

So back when I was in Singapore, I decided to play around with my Lumix digicam's functions and ended up using only the pinhole mode for a couple of days!

-

Those chill nights I spent at home while the boys were studying.




-

Dinner with Bong at Pepperoni!


yes, the two of us finished the gigantic "xl" size pizza that pepperoni offers (plus appetizers!). the table of four next to us ordered it and couldn't even finish it. sometimes my family orders it and between my parents+bro... they can't even finish it! ho ho, we were really stuffed after that though!


we drove to the 24h cold storage to buy some wine before heading back to my place.


And then we went back to mine and got a wee bit tipsy, had one of our bicthfests, exchanged gossip/scandals and talked about life & dreams.


-

This is from one of the nights when I followed the boys to the NUS library to pull an all nighter (mostly I did bits of readings and my assignments in between playing bejewelled on facebook while they studied hardcore)! The t shirt that I made myself. And my pretty water bottle!


-

One of those foot massage times, ah, i miss home already and I've only been away less than a week!


-

Randomness: My fridge is always stocked with cans and cans of soda, juices, packet drinks and bottled tea. Can open a mama shop in my house man. // the dragon loves party girls // the dragon and i!


-

Today I had like, the biggest fright of my life! One of my term reports was due this afternoon, and good girl that I am, I had it complete by early last night (appendices, biblio, structure and all!). To avoid the jam of printing & binding in school (it's always chaos in the IT room / lib the day it's due) I decided to go to a print shop near my house. I walked the four blocks there, AND FOUND OUT IT HAS CLOSED DOWN.

Luckily, there was another print shop four blocks the other direction from my flat (ie, 8 blocks from where I was) ... so I brisk walked all the way back in that direction, and got the technician there to print out the document, but just before it got binded, I realized it was only 15 pages long! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 50 PAGES OF MY REPORT?! Turns out, I had saved the draft in my thumb drive! BUT! It was saved as "mpp kate spade final copy" which is, you know, what I saved the final copy as!

I ran the four blocks back to my flat (lost my thumb drive in panic on the way), switched on my macbook and opened the file on my desktop that I saved as "mpp kate spade final copy"! But to my horror, it was still the 15 page draft! Frantically, i began opening every document on my desktop (when I do college work, i tend to save my stuff on my desktop for easy access). BUT NONE OF THE DOCUMENTS WERE RIGHT. THERE WAS NOTHING, NOTHING, LONGER THAN 15 PAGES! I WAS ON THE VERGE OF TEARS, IT WAS AWFUL. I HAD TWO HOURS TO GET MY TERM REPORT SUBMITTED TO COLLEGE. THERE WAS NO ONE IN HELL I COULD FINISH 7,000 WORDS IN THAT TIME PERIOD. I WAS GONNA FAIL, FOR SURE!

Luckily, after searching around for a bit...I found the file in my documents as well as in my thrash can, both saved as "mpp kate spade final copy" as well, but somehow in different drives? SO STRANGE. Anyway, so I ran back to the print shop and got the guy to print and bind it for me, then ran to the bus interchange and managed to turn my paper in on time :) Thank goodness I managed to find a copy of it, there's no way in hell I can force myself to redo it, and even if I did have to redo it, I know myself.... I hate doing things twice over, so I'd just do a hap hazard one and probably fail and get kicked out of college. Lucky lucky me! Must be more careful next time.

On the bright side, the weather today was fantastic! Strangely perfect for London. I'm talking about I spent the day shopping, eating ice cream, wearing sunglasses and going around coatless kind of perfect. High tea at Liberties with the Mumsy as well, and dinner with my bestie and Ian Seah. And now, off to watch the season finale of Gossip Girl :) Goodnight, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment