Saturday 2 May 2009

10 TV/Movie Characters I would Date

Since I watch so much TV and have all this free time on my hands, I started thinking, if TV & Movie characters were real... who would I want to date? I'm not talking about the actual actor/actress, but the roles they play on screen! And as such, it can't just be based on how they look because that would merely be a reflection of their real self, and not of them in the role they play.

And so here goes, my top 10:

#2 Noah Calhoun from The Notebook.



Because let's face it, every girl wants her very own Noah Calhoun.
He fell in love at first sight and he never fell out of love with her! He climbed a ferris wheel for her and waited forever to win her love. And then so easily, he lost her again. He wrote her 365 letters. Fell apart and then picked himself up again, only to built her the house of his dreams. He never gave up on her. Won her back and grew old together. Lived in a nursing home just to be with her, read her a book of their love story every single day. Lived with the agony of her forgetting him just so he could steal a few moments with her. Loved her till his dying bed. What more can I say? This is the perfect guy; this is the stuff that dreams are made of.

So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

-

#3 Marshall Erickson from How I Met Your Mother



Okay, so he's not the best looking but sometimes we just want a guy who will text us when we're in the toilet, puts down what he's doing to follow us to get eggs (even if you're only walking from the stove to the fridge) and sneaks out to find us the night before we get married because he just can't spend one night apart. Put simply, he's a needy and clingy as I am, but it's all good! This is the kinda guy that some of my friends (Jun? Fai?) will never be able to tolerate. They will claim a need for more of a "man's man" but yes, he's definitely on this manja queen's list.

Marshall: Hi, we need a marriage license but we need to skip the waiting period because we're in love.

-

#4 Greg Montgomery from Will and Grace



Dharma and Greg are so so different, but despite all her quirky eccentric ways and her knack for getting into troublesome situations, Greg loves her so unconditionally and is always always there to save the day. He puts her with her crazy habits such as pulling the mattress out to the rooftop to sleep whenever it rains, and even grows to love them. Did anyone watch the episode when she brought "Mr. Boots" the cat/human home?? I love how their love on screen is the idealistic romance, but peppered with real issues that happen in real life relationships. I love how through it all, they find a way to work out their problems/differences, and make their romance work. Every single episode left me wishing for my very own Greg Montgomery. I say, classic example of "Ai Wu Zhi Wu" !

A snippet of one of the funniest episodes imo:



-

#5 Robbie Hart from The Wedding Singer



Okay okay, so he's slightly.... loserish and kinda sloppy, but hey tell me you wouldn't be moved by someone with no monely but still flew first class only to hijack a plane and serenade you with:
I wanna Grow Old With You
I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad ,
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad;
All i wanna do, is grow old with you.


-

#6 Carlos Nurez from Crazy/Beautiful



The modern day Romeo to his modern day Juliet. I loved: the storybook romance- act silly, go wild, fall in love, run away. But most importantly, I loved how despite all the controversy, he still put his future on hold; at stake, and chose to stick by her to the end. I loved how he had the ability to forgive her all her mistakes, and inspire her to let go of her past; her rebellion; her depression and rise to become a better person above it all.

Carlos: What am I doing with you?
Nicole: I don't know, what are you doing with me? It's just a question.
Carlos: I don't know, when I'm with you I just, I never know what's going to happen next. It's weird, because my life is so planned out. It's like you don't care what people think.. and when I'm with you.. I don't care what people think. I want to take you away from everything that makes you crazy.


-

#7 Ross & Chandler from Friends



Okay okay, I'm cheating by pushing two characters into one spot :)
But I can't decide! Ross because he fell in love with Rachel at first sight, and through their ups and downs, their break ups and make ups- he still loved her 100%. Even when he was at the altar with the other girl (i can't remember her name, the english girl?) he still only had thoughts for Rachel. So even though he's kinda geeky and boring, I say: props for his undying love.

As for Chandler, I love everything about him apart from his commitment phobia. But hey, he got over it; married the woman he loves and loved her unconditionally. Through her neurotics and all! And he's so funny too! I think he's the kind of TV character romance that reflects what a real life
romance would be like. He has all the annoying habits of a real life guy, but still always comes through for her in the end, and doubtlessly loves her to pieces, and I think it's a good reflection that even the best romances are never always smooth flowing!

-

#8 Luke Brandon from Confessions of a Shopaholic

He loved all her quirkiness. He looked pass all her lies. He saw the good inside her.
He won her the green scarf. He didn't just bid once, he used TWO bidders to win her precious green scarf, the symbolism of the start of their relationship. Need I say more?

-

#9 Carlos Solis from Desperate Housewives



Cheat on him with the gardener? Check. Spend all his money? Check. Scold him even after he's blinded? Check. Carlos Solis' love for his wife must truly be unconditional to put up with everything that she threw at him, and boy, did she throw alot at him. But despite it all, he found it within him to put aside his pride and jealousy and just love her, the way she is, flaws and all. (okay, so she's like 300 degrees hot, and that probably makes up for it, but still!)

-

#10 Seth from City of Angels



Dude gives up immortality just to be with you forever? And then ends up being alone but still not regretting his decision? Now if you ask me, that's love. Nuff said.
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.

-

#11 Will Truman from Will & Grace



Okay so I'm cheating again because Will Truman is gay. But every girl needs a Will Truman in her life. A guy to love you even when you look like a nightmare, to put up with all of your incessant talking, to brave the shopping sales with you and to hold you when the romantic love of your life makes you cry. So there.

-

And my honorable mentions (just because TV producers don't realize how damaging the effect of creating these almost perfect men on screen are for both women & men in real life, oh, the standards our boys have to live up to!)


- Beast from Beauty & The Beast: He gave Belle his library! He learnt to be civilized! Even when I was a little girl, I melted because sometimes the simplest gestures are the sweetest gestures.


-Mr. Big from Sex & the City: Okay he's a commitment-phobe and a big annoying self righteous jerk most of the time (i would know, i dated one exactly like this) but at the end of the day, he really did love her and come through for her in the end. I guess what they say about Love not being Love unless it breaks your heart is true. But hey, did you see the walk-in wadrobe he built her? A hell yeah! (I only got a broken heart, no walk in wadrobes or happy endings from my jerk though)


-Seth Cohen from The O.C.: because for what its worth, while they were together, I thought they were the sweetest cutest couple.


-Nate Archiabald from Gossip Girls: Fine, he's been kinda slutty what with Blair, Serena, Jenny, Vanessa and then back to Blair, but come on girls (and guys), we all know he's a dish. I'm more for the preppy than the Chuck Bass (although I know there's a huge Chuck Bass following going on)

-Mark from Love Actually: I guess, at the end of the day, the most important thing is that in his eyes, you're perfect. Because when it comes down to it, that's all that's gonna matter.



♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥


But...If you notice, my numbering for the top 10 starts from #2.
That's because, in my heart, my BABY.......
he had me at hello, I want to be better for him, and to me he is perfect
YOU'RE ALWAYS MY #1.... LOVE YOU LOTS BABY!!!


I know right, I'm damn lame, have so much time sitting around writing up rubbish like this, taking photos of my hands in the shape of hearts, photoshopping it... sigh! Stupid NUS still having exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment