Sunday 5 July 2009

Paris Summer 09


Hello, world! I am happier than I've been in a really really really long time, and I can't even begin to describe how it feels. Been 24 hours since I've touched down- but just like how geographically I am now on the other side of the earth, emotionally too I feel completely different :) The past 24 hours was spent with my family, and then with D's family, and then my family again. Mahjong, good food, watching movies, running around in the rain, rolling with laughter on the carpet- just basking in the glow of your smile. No one, and nothing compares to you. And maybe someday one day, I'll be able to find a tangible way of showing it to you.

On another note, in an effort to blog up to date (or at least semi-up-to-date), here are the pictures from my recent trip to Paris :) To effectively sum up my trip, I quote Faith Hill:

"Everybody's stoned on pride and drunk on cheap champagne,
Tonight this joie de vivre sure don't live up to its name"


Breakfast at St. Pancras International before boarding the Eurostar


The cafe/library area of our hotel, waiting for Daddy to finish checking in. It was a cute boutique hotel in the Champs-Élysées.




Walked to Gallery La Fayettes to do some shopping, but we didn't really like the atmosphere because everything was kind of messy and just thrown about.. also way too crowded. But the interior was very grand and magnificent indeed.


They did have a Havianas "bar" though- pretty cool, you can customise everything from the thickness of the straps, to the combination of colours (straps/soles), as well as add buttons and diamonds!


So I got a pair done for the boy & I.. chose purple/grey because that's nice & neutral (right?) which both guys/girls can use.... even though I wanted baby pink soles with metallic gold skinny straps.. but I don't think the boy would particularly fancy that! Added a diamond, but only to mine, cos I think it's pretty.... girlish.. on a guy's sandal?


Bicycles! A primary mode of transport in Paris (I don't actually know how to ride a bicycle, but that's gonna change soon, because I learn this summer!!)


J'adore the Marc Jacobs campaign. This is in Printemps, which I preferred because it was much more organized and was less crowded, also more variety (in my opinion).


Ring shopping (for me) & watch shopping for daddy in Bvlgari


Dinner at the supposedly famous fouguet's




Amazing view on the Champs-Élysées lit in night lights!


The next day we did a wee bit of sightseeing. And by a wee bit, I really mean just that. We only visited ONE tourist attraction in Paris because Daddy can't be bothered, he says we've seen it all before and there's no point going to see the same things again and again so we pretty much spent the entire trip just shopping in the Champs-Elysées. Retarded.


Morning coffee & breakfast in a cute french cafe.


Outside the gates of the Court of Justice (which also houses the tourist attraction we visited)


The La Chapelle


Amazing? or Amazing?


And that's all the sight seeing we did, I kid you not.


Back towards the Champs-Elysées (are you sick of hearing me say that name yet? I bet)


Hi daddy, I ♥ you && Mummy too!! Thank you for doing everything you can just to make me smile, you guys are seriously seriously the best damn parents a girl could ever ask for, seriously. Wouldn't trade you in for the world.


Arc de triomphe at sunset (and no, i didn't get to go up it, just snapped this shot whilst... you guessed it, shopping. But Daren and I went all the way up there when we went to Paris in Spring Break so I guess it's alright :)


Random camwhoring in our loft suite in the hotel. Sunshine streaming from the rooftop windows!


Living room of the suite, very minimalistic chic.


Another shot of the Arc in all it's glory (did you know it was built in honor of Napoleon during the war, for his soldiers to march triumphant back into the city?) and a random picture of the gigantic LV (don't think I need to tell you where in Paris it's located eh?)


And that pretty much sums up the short trip to Paris. Not very many pictures because I was really quite moody during the trip (and my poor darling parents kept trying to make me happy by eating my favourite foods & bringing me shopping endlessly!) but I was in mood swings high low high low, so I was quite lackluster to take photos at times. Also, as mentioned, we didn't do very much sight seeing... actually we only left Champs-Elysées (promise this is the last time I will mention it for a long time) once so really, not much photos I could take! But yes, a trip I will always remember because of the dramatic events that happened while I was there (emotional as well as physical- forgot to mention we got into a fight with some rude racist Parisians, who couldn't speak proper English, then criticized us, told us they're French so they can tell us to Fuck off, and then PUSHED my parents, I kid you not, wtf!!!!!!!!!), as well as how amazing and blessed I am to have parents like mine :)

XOXO, me ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment