Wednesday 15 July 2009

Nice Cote D'Azur ♥ The French Riviera

Jialing, Karmeng & I took a trip to the French Riviera and found paradise. The trip really neutralized my view on France because prior to this, I'm sad to say that I'm not a fan of the supposedly most romantic city in the world. But the French Riviera is truly a beautiful paradise, kind of like a European Hawaii.

I am a worry wart, and as such was worried that the "Sea View Superior" would not be as perfect as described on the website- I am obsessive, whenever I go somewhere new, I must read every single entry (I kid you not) on Trip Advisor. But when we arrived at the Le Meridien in Nice, I was pleasantly surprised (and relieved) to find the most amazing view from the balcony of our room :)


Us on our private balcony facing the famous Promenade des Anglais with overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.... all the weariness from the trip/airflight melted away with the beauty in front of our eyes.


We set off to explore Nice


Beach Clubs on the Promenade des Anglais


Heading down to the Old Town... I love the best friend's bright red outfit :)


Three course lunch at a Seafood Restaurant in the Old Town


Mussels & Tiramisu


Ultimate Tourist Photos: Jia applying Sunblock & Kar Meng carrying a Gigantic Camera... Us posing in the Middle of the Old Town


European style- long, narrow streets


Set off exploring the Old Town




"Fucking Machine" HAHAH


The start of our brave hike up Castle Hill


Fifteen minutes in, we were perspiring like dogs and tired as hell but little did we know, we were still a long way from the top :(


Stopping to admire the view (any excuse to camwhore, really)




Along the way


Sat down for a rest because we were so tired and everytime we climbed a set of steps we thought that would be it, but for a long time it was always not :(


And then we FINALLY reached the peak, where the water fall was!


It felt like it was drizzling on us, but after that tiring sticky hike, it was quite nice to cool down.


We began the descend and at this point we asked Karmy if he regretted coming with two girls (massive whining & camwhoring & all) and he mumbled something about thinking more people were gonna come, and we burst out laughing and exclaiming that his jumbled reply was an indication that he did regret :)


Half way down we found the "Perfect Picnic Spot" that Jia read about in one of the guidebooks, so we stopped for a break & ice cream. I texted Daren to tell ask if he was proud of me for hiking all the way to the top without complaining and his reply was "Jia carried you all the way up right?" :/


Postcard perfect!! Click here for a virtual view of where I took these pictures from. A poetry reading was going on there, so quaint and old school and perfect.




We hit the beach for awhile


The bestie & I


And then back to our room, where we found afternoon tea prepared for us:


Washed up before heading out again.


Our awesome hotel.


Nice by night.


All lit up


We had dinner at The Old Town again, which was way more crowded at night, and then found this gelato place with more than 70 flavours including Bubble Gum, Coke, Thyme, Tomato, Basil and so on! Queer, and very cool.


And then back in our room, before calling it a night :)


Many more photos from the trip, but I have to be up by 7.30am so I'll upload them when I'm back from Thailand :)

Today was quite simply, perfect.

I woke up when Daren came over from work to pick me up for lunch. We ate at our secret date place, which we absolutely adore- completely unpretentious atmosphere, possibly the best pasta ever, and so cheap it's almost unbelievable. Intelligent conversation during main course, and sillyness (paw holding) through out dessert. Drove back to mine and he worked from home while I sat next to him and drew hearts on his skin. He headed back to work for an hour or so, and I went to run an errand. When he reached home and couldn't find me, the adorable boy rang me up and started whining and insisting that I tell him where I am (which I refused, cos the errand was ordering a surprise for him) and asking how long more till I come home etc etc etc. So juvenilely adorable. He wanted to pick me up, but I was already in a taxi on my way home- just for the record, wanting to rush home to him made the journey seem unbearably long. Came home and we lazed in bed for an hour before hitting the shower. Down to the back patio where we started pumping our inflatable pool floats (he did the work, i talked alot, as usual) and then he & mummy prepared my favourite home made dumplings for dinner, aww. Carole King's voice drifting lazily into our evening (piped in music), he twirled me around and in that moment it felt like all in the world was right. Drove the S convertible out for a spin after dinner and played with the night vision driving mode, way cool. And then home again where we hung out with Mummy doing some online shopping and having cake for supper. Back to our room, another shower, a bit of television and of course, our nightly conversations about everything & nothing. I started packing my luggage; he lay in bed waiting for me until he fell asleep. I just switched off the lights in the main bedroom, and am sitting in my dresser now.

Tomorrow, I wake up at 7.30 to shower & bathe. And then I wake him up at 8.15. We drop my maid in town, before heading to his place for him to pack. And then it's off to meet his parents.

You know you're head over heels when even the simplicity of daily life has a way of being quite simply, perfect. ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment