Thursday 9 July 2009

An English Summer

Seems like lots of people are taking eurotrips... be it for grad trips, exchanges or just holidays. Good for us though, lots of friends coming to London just means lots more love for us :)

With Jia, Chow & Alice at Chinatown for Four Season
(the must try duck, that I haven't even tried because I don't like duck)


And then we headed down to a gay bar in Soho for drinks.


With Edmund & the bestie :)


Sam-Sui women FTW


Making silly faces and the blue shot which looks mad potent but was actually well yummy :)




Balloon heads.


At Oxygen Bar & Club




we were mad happy when they started spinning all the 80's and 90's music. It was just like mambo!!




London after dark


So damned touristy right?


DO NOT CLIMB ON KANGAROO


my friends are hilarious.


cabbing home.


Laura was also in London (travelling on exchange) so we all met up at Liverpool St station, and had lunch at A Crepe Affair!


Brought them to the Sunday Up Market


Rainy sunday at Brick Lane


Root beer float with strawberry ice cream (even the waitress was like.. are you sure? but Laura insisted it was yums) ... and Jia & Chow with bibs :)




Belle was also in London, so one day we took the National Rail to Upminster to visit Jason & his family.


Sem & I, Jia & I


Camwhoring while waiting for the boys to pick us up.


Had a delish lunch at a very pretty pub :)


And then we went back to Jason's house and found a trampoline in the backyard!!!!!!! SO british!


Needless to say, we went nuts (they went nuts, I'm not thaaaat active, hur)


Until they forced me to play too.


But I get tired very very fast! HAHA.


Sem & Belle


Jason is amazing at doing front & back flips.


And then we played some.... racket ball game thing before we headed home :)


All very quintessentially British, no? The British summer is crazy. It's still mad erratic like I predicted it would be (rain, shine, shine, rain, you get the idea) but when the sun is out, it's HOT beyond HOT. I kid you not. It's so hot that I dare not wear anything other than shorts or mini dresses out! And I have to take public transport there, it's not like when I'm in Singapore and I step out from the house into the car, out of the car into the mall.. etc. The heat wave in London is really nuts, but that being said, I must admit I still prefer it to London's bloody miserable winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment