Thursday 27 August 2009

I find it hard to hold a conversation, when words are not enough.


#1: Retarded Games
Of late, Daren and I have taken to playing this game where we sneak attack each other with the shower hose or the extra water hose in my bathroom. The sprayer will attack the victim until he/she is completely soaked, dripping wet from head to toe. It started off simple and now we've brought the game so far to the point that after changing into a new set of clothes, the sprayer will somehow find a way to attack again and by the end of it all we'll have changed clothes at least thrice. Sometimes, we threw the towels into the shower as well, and for the past few days, we've used at least 5 towels everytime this happens. The entire bathroom gets wets, and because my bathroom floors are made of marble, it becomes mad slippery to walk on but then we've exhausted all 10 floor mats and well, now we just have to deal with the slip-risk! One time, D was squeeze drying the clothes/towels we had soaked, and I thought to myself "well at least we're clearing up" but it was a prank too! He suddenly came up to me and squeezed out the remaining water onto my hair. It was disgusting and I had just showered, but clearly I had to take ANOTHER shower. When I came out from that shower and was in new clothes, he repeated the cycle! Madness, that's what this game is, I tell you. Do not start it, it is madly crazy but somehow addictive. I have a feeling the maids are none too fond of our new hobby though.

#2 Feelings
Also, I expressed my feelings/insecurities earlier on and he assured me that I was being completely silly and that I'm always his #1 priority and his favourite person/thing. "The whole package." I wonder if it's a girl thing to just always wonder and let their insecurities rise once in awhile, because I know that truth be told not many boyfriends give as much time/effort/devotion to both me/family as my boyfriend does. Maybe I need to learn that just not everyone is as expressive as me. I guess it's true what the old cliche says: "Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they've got." Right, that being said, things are actually a-okay on the love front so there's no need for worries right now. In fact, we spend like 4 or 5 out of 7 nights on average falling asleep together, have 90% of our meals together (and with both sets of parents), and on the whole, not a day goes by that we don't see each other. I'm actually worried about the end of summer and what it means for the dynamics of this relationship. LONG DISTANCE SUCKS.


#3 While You weren't listening, all our love songs became sad songs
Isn't it funny how songs have an uncanny way of reminding us of specific moments or people, in a poignant way, quite different from a photo- perhaps stronger because you're relying on association and memories rather than the way photos are tangible? In the past few days, eternal flame reminded me of you and how you said it was our song (9 years ago, wow!). And then there's High by the Lighthouse Family which was a promise another different you made me. When you said nothing at all. I've also been really addicted to MLTR's Complicated Heart; even though there's no real story linked to this one, they're just bits of it that strikes a chord. Oh, and Breathless by the Corrs reminds me of someone whose surname I can't even remember now, but you see, that's what I mean! The power of music!


#4 Macbooks!
Speaking of things I love. 
I am Blackberry > Apple when it comes to handphones, and am always ready to argue with pro iphone users (like my boyfriend!) but when it comes to laptops it reverses into Apple for the win! I've been using my mac book for 3 years now so it's pretty beat up and old, while the boys are using the newer titanium ones with touch pad finger control & what not, so they're always making fun of mine when in the first place they bought macbooks only after trying mine out! So I refuse to buy a new macbook (even though I desperately want one) until a newer version than theirs is released, which if rumors are to be believed, will be quite soon with their new OS. Anyway, D showed me some cute Macbook vs PC ads, and we had a good laugh over them, the way they take the piss out of pc's through different scenarios, rather brilliant I think! They have a whole series of them which you can watch here but these are my favourite, enjoy! :)




I think my favourite favourite ones are Stacks (because i can't wait to get that version of iphoto), top of the line, surprise & PCs living with vista! How about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment