Tuesday 18 August 2009

And Another One Bites The Dust

So, I've been almost completely MIA from my macbook in the past 2 weeks or so, which is highly impressive considering it's me because usually I can spend up to 6 hours or more a day online and I am miserable without my internet/bb service. Anyhow, this means I'm way backlogged on my journalling again which annoys me because I like to have neat, picture filled, commentary accompanied entries of my life so that years down the road I can look back at my old journal pages and remember things I would otherwise forget. It's a habit I've been keeping for years... almost 8 to 9 years now?

Right, so the end of July saw Bong turning 22. Now Bong's birthday is quite a significant mark in the annual calendar because of many reasons for me. To begin with, one of the first times I met him was on his birthday so I guess in some ways it's a mark of the span and growth of our friendship. It also brings back fond memories because on that very same day, drunk out of his mind, he kept trying to help fix Daren & I, the details of which I want to keep a secret and we will always remember. And since I spend 1/2 my time in London, I often miss out on most of my pals' birthday and annoying I have missed out on every single one of Daren's birthday as well. Bong is one of the only one's whose birthday I have been around for every single year since that first one when I met him and besides, he sometimes refers to me as his party planner, haha. And boy have we got crazy stories to tell about every one of those nights. So yes, a flood of memories come rushing in every year when the calendar declares it's that time of year again.

Patiently awaiting the arrival of the birthday boy.


& the birthday boy arrives together with rong.




the tall girls (chow & eileen), the petite girls (alice & i), and then yourong & i


Edmond & Max


Wine Bar


Cheng starts the process of trying to kill the birthday boy, and Chow & Alice buy me a lethal looking Snow White (Beer & 7 shots) which we end up drinking as a group because my boy & godbro wouldn't let me have it alone. Thanks (and sorry), girls!


Pam, Alice & Chow.


This is the last you'll see of the birthday boy.


With the boys.


Group Shots.


Right and all these camwhoring is going on while our dearest birthday boy sits (practically) concussed on a stool next to us, such amazing friends we are. No, I kid. I did force feed him water, drag him to the toilet etc etc. (See how I'm pacifying my conscience? I kid again, of course.)


Right, so Daren, Hamdi & I drag the birthday boy to the car to send him home but D wanted me to stay back and kind of make sure the rest were ok cos I was pretty much completely sober, so off they went and I hung out with the rest in Winebar instead.


Light sticks (no idea where Max got them from) and Sunnies I found in my handbag = camwhoring.


The boys come back from sending Bong back.


Right, this was supposed to be a girly shot but then Edmond wouldn't hear of it so he stuck his hand in and kept jumping in and then one by one the boys followed, so eventually it became a group shot. As you can see, the girls are posing nicely and the boys are all craning their necks or stretching to be in the photo, retaaarded :)


Into Zouk


It was also Andrew's last mambo before leaving for his exchange in Europe






And many more drinks later, I present you TYR moonlighting as his classic self. Right, and these are the moderate ones, I have to censor the others for reasons of modesty, hahahah.


And then Diyan comes up with this game where whoever is wearing the sunnies have to do a crazzy kickass cheesy fly whatever solo dance and then pass it on etc etc etc.




I think it's safe to say no one quite rocked it like Diyan himself.


Right, so we stayed and drank and hugged and sang and danced till the lights came on, which led to loud protests from all of us because it's been forever since we've all let loose together like this I think (for me anyway being stuck in London and all), but it was a night of merry indeed.


The night ended with supper at Spize where Marc & Rong were both completely gone (one sleeping and the other awake but hilarious, hint to future self: chicken, gravy, table, mouth) and then Hamdi dropped us off near home & sent Rong home.


Bong called me up the next day to thank me for looking after him and to ask me about what happened the night before, poor boy couldn't remember anything (hopefully the pictures will help him trigger off memories? not that he's in all that many of them anyway since he knocked out so early!) but anyway my dear friend, here's to many more years ahead, Happy Birthday! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment