Tuesday 2 June 2009

Peace, Love & Ice Cream !

A rather random mix of photos I found in my laptop and decided to upload!

This was after we went midnight bowling- at which, I sucked, for the record. I think I scored less than 20, and I swear I really did try hard, sigh. Anyway, amazing view of the city's skyline lit up in night lights!




the boy & i


love that we got to enjoy the "rooftop" feeling, the night lights and the amazing view but with AIRCON from inside the private glass cube. usually thats what i hate about rooftop bars- i get warm which then leads to getting easily agitated and annoyed. but hurray for air-con on the rooftop!!




Played around in the esplanade (near the public exhibitions?) for awhile before we headed to da-bao some meesua bakchormee (my favouriteeee!) for supper, and then home sweet home we went.


----------

On the day before I left, dinner at Ah Yet with the family then headed to Ben & Jerries for Ice Cream with Bong, Ale, Max & D. They refused to allow me to order the vermonster (20 scoops, 80 bucks, so exciting!) so I reluctantly settled for the merlionster and a double belgian waffle instead.


After which we headed down to Al Azhar for more supper (we ordered so much- butter chicken, naan, multiple cheese pratas etcetc and Max didn't even eat!) I think that means we practically ate for 7 hours straight because we went for dinner around 7pm, met at Ben and Jerries around 1030, went to Azhar around midnight and didn't get home till about 2am! Guess we really talked/laughed/ate alot. Kept jacking each other, sheesh, the nature of our friendships. Max about his non-ac-ness, Bong for being.. well Bong, and me for the amount that I eat (apparently more than Neck/Diyan! I disagree!) But anyway, I miss my boys :(


----------

Super old pictures from the time we spent day after day after day after day at the studio in Ann Siang Hill constructing this installation for B & J.

The early days, when the studio was still bare and we were only preparing, making measurements, buying supplies.


Cutting out the letters, painting, doing the individual bits and bobs


Mad painful for the fingers cutting out the letters from the boards.


the adorable cowguins (cows/penguins?)


the look on their faces: mad tired


Putting everything together to form an installation


And finally done :)
The first one reads: Like someone had a totally life affirming, completely mellow, one with the universe moment, and froze it. Peace love and Ice Cream!
And the Second one: I am floating on cream and fudge pieces. The giraffe seems unconcerned. He smiles and continues to read the newspaper. On I stride on toffee cookies and brown sugar, wallowing. The red queen offers vanilla and almonds. The universe opens and swallows me whole. Peace, love and Ice cream!


kel almost in a food coma from the mega mac


Starting on the 3rd Installation at another location


miss kelly chin and i, lubchu & miss chu very muchhzz.


The period was super intensive and especially tiring and trying for me because I'm not used to work, I can barely deal with 5 hours of school a week, let alone working in the studio day after day, finishing work at 7 or 8, going home to sew some more and repeating the next day. And then of course, all the sewing, glue guns, staple guns, painful pins, pen knife cuts, chicken wire, hours and hours spent in Spotlight & People's Park.... The boy had to keep reminding me to be strong and not cry, not give up. But at the same time, I really learnt alot, enjoyed myself and have to say, I couldn't have a better, funnier or more understanding boss (Adrian, this is you, btw!) and of course, thankfully I had kelly with me all the way making "work" 10x more bearable. Not to mention, the dress code for such a big, international firm being so lenient! S overall, I realize how lucky I was, and I'm thankful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment