Wednesday 10 June 2009

Desperately Perfect

I have so much to update and so many pictures to post, but absolutely no time to get it done. Been so busy with college. Planning a range for HoF is mad tedious trying to figure out (our own & 5 competitors) number of styles; number of colors; number of launches; the fabric swatch; special features; top to bottom ratio & all that. And then figuring out how many of the right garments to produce at the right price; and when to launch collections at the right time and the right place. And the parents are here so I've been spending lots of time with them, but they're leaving tomorrow which I suspect may make me emo & lonely. The best friend and pals here gave me a surprise, but more on that next time. In the mean time, even though I'm not blogging here, I'm still constantly journalling little entries into my tumblr and random snippets & pictures into my twitter.

And here's something I x-posted from my tumblr which I think may be relevant for the more memorable entries that is my blog.


(Photo credit: From an amazing collection entitled Desperately Perfect)

Sometimes, I miss this alot- a good ten years of pulling the leotard onto my body; the familiar notes overflowing from the grand piano; the smell of leather and wood and sweat in the studio; the pain on my toes from my beloved pointe shoes; the familiar voice of miss, rising above the piano: "suck in your tummies"; "point yout feet"; "use your inner muscles";"pull up, stand tall!"; "posture ladies, posture!" .... Ah, this was once the story of my life, and sometimes I really miss it alot.

But not as much or as often as I miss you- brushing our teeth together; our quiet moments of chatter and laughter at the end of each day; fighting for blanket after we've fallen asleep; the faint recall of your peck on my cheek before you leave every morning; and then the quiet anticipation that gives me strength to go through my day so that when nightfall comes, we can do it all over again. This is now my life... You are now my life, and I really miss you- very much and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment