Monday 15 June 2009

22.


Last week, I TURNED 22!!
I wasn't too excited about it, mostly because I was having a bad week; and well, 22 seemed really really old. So on the note, I was just planning on having a simple dinner with the family & the best friend at a simple cafe or something. But I should know better, with the amazing parents & friends I have, it can never be just that simple :)

I had to go to college for lectures in the afternoon. And then like an hour before dinner time, when I suggested Japan Centre Cafe or Basuba (a shared table concept Thai restaurant with amazing food), my parents thought I was nuts because 1) Would have to queue for both, 2) it was my birthday!

Ended up settling on Nobu so I hurriedly called them up and luckily they could squeeze us in so last minute. Was quite funny too, cos when I gave them my number, they already had my name in their client list hahahaha.


Tuna Tataki & Rock Shrimp Tempura


Sushi & Sashimi Platters




I usually order the cod fish miso (which is their signature dish, and fantastic btw) but decided to try a karage instead so Jia had the cod fish miso (and i pinched)


my birthday "cake" - i took like forever to think of how to phrase my wish, and then took forever to make the wish because that's just how long my wish was. the other 3 said I'm very greedy :(





And then Jia suggested that we go for a drink. She told me that her friend told her about this really cool bar situated on the top of Primrose Hill & that you could see the whole of London from there. So I agreed and off we went. I asked her if we'd have to hike up Primrose Hill but she said that we would drop right at the bar, and I believed her, no more questions asked.

When we got there though, she shouted surprise together with a few of my other pals! I had been duped! There was no bar, we DID have to hike up the hill (in my 4 inch heels no less) but it was AMAZING. Breath taking view of the entire london it it's night lights; favourite cake; rose wine & chardonnay and the best damn company :) Wished D were there, it would have been EVEN more perfect than it already was :)


No idea what the jokers were doing.


they bought me my favourite strawberry cake from patisserie valerie & i really finished 3/4 of it by myself like a pig. they were tres shocked at the speed i was stuffing it into my mouth, haha UNGLAM.




more of all of us (minus whoever was taking each picture)


sem & jason play hightide/haidai


jason, wayniq, aruno.


love you bestie! and thanks to all my pals! super touched :)


OH OH OH and on midnight of my birthday Singapore time, the boy asked me to check my email :)
Turns out he had BAKED me a chocolate fondant cake! OMG. He has never, ever ever baked in his life, ever ever ever. And I thought it was so sweet he made an effort to (practice a few times and then finally) bake me a birthday cake, especially because I couldn't be there. This is by far, the best birthday cake ever, better than the Chanel cake they designed me for my 21st! I loved it, and was really so damn touched, and I know I'm lucky :)


Last year's cake.


And then on my birthday itself, I woke up to "Happy Birthday to my Princess" ; a very sweet card & a big bouquet of sunflowers (which are my fave flowers!) ♥ ♥ ♥


Anyway, I won't be in London town for the next few days. Going to take a short relaxing getaway! I've got a few posts queued to go onto my tumblr. I'll also be twittering little updates & pictures onto my twitter everyday from my BB! :)

Have a good week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment