Wednesday 2 December 2009

Forget The Nightlife, You're My Favourite Thing About This City.

HELLO DECEMBER, I am so glad you are finally here. November was a month of homework, tests, homework, reports, tutorials, lectures, more lectures, never ending lectures and a month without the boy. The boy, who incidentally, arrives in less than 36 hours and we are gonna paint this town in colours that don't even exist and then tear it all apart. And as if that's not enough to make my year, the following week also promises a trip to Dublin & catching Top Gear LIVE (!!!!). I couldn't think of a more perfect way to kickstart this splendid month of festivities :)

In the mean time though (before I do a disappearing act from the online world, but hopefully not), let me try to post yet more of my way overdue photos from my summer back home. It's a rather mish mash lot, but here they are all the same.

★★★
Random Night at Overeasy

With Pam-the-ham & Bong-the-grouch.


Austen & D battling it out, mano a mano, on the air hockey table. Goofballs!


HI SEMIRAMIS PILAR. YOU SHOULD BE IN THESE PICTURES, AYE?


The rest of the usual gang were up in Butter, but Bong & Pam came down to find D & I cos we didn't want to go in (I was underdressed, no make up & grumpy as hell), and these are some texts that went on between Marc (upstairs) and Pam (downstairs)..... MMMMMMM.


grouchy boy became horny boy. told him i saw these babes in the ladies with "FUCK ME?" face painted on their cheeks and he actually ran to check it out. not before I made him pose for these hum-sup photos first though. True story by the way, about the face paint, hen night maybe?


★★★
Royal China

Royal China at Raffles Hotel


We ordered so much food, even the wait staff thought we ordered way way way too much! the dim sum was so yummy :) but despite having bulging tummies, we're never too full for dessert :) i loved my avocado dessert but d's & golden peony's is still better i think, for the avocado dessert anyway!


satisfied bellies :) much love to jia & aunty may!




★★★
Il Lido

Crab salad with avacado and red vegetable coulis &&& Frisee salad with foie gras and fig dressing.


I personally never acquired a liking for foie gras, so Daren had 2 servings of Foie gras instead, and he was a happy happy boy.


Tagliolini with Lobster &&& Braised veal cheek with Truffle mash potatoes.
Again, I don't eat veal so that kind of just went to waste, but the truffle mash was simply divine!!


We ordered the Degustation Menu. 6 course. TOO FILLING. But since I didn't have foie gras, I ordered an extra appetizer for myself : Tuna Tartare. Which turned out to be a bad choice, too be honest not very good at all and coming from me a tuna tartare lover, that's saying something.


And because I passed on the veal as well, I ordered myself a Beef tenderlion with mushrooms and marrow sauce....


And then for dessert, we both had chocolate fondant. TOO FILLING.




Lunch was followed by a trip to Pedder Red. Matching cow fur flats & bag.. the leather is seriously SO SOFT.


★★★
Dinner at my favourite Italian restaurant of the moment and one of those nights at HOUSE





Home first.


Then drove down to House


Posing with the mushroom: I'm gesturing that it's as tall as Jia. We have a long standing joke that she's much much much shorter than me, she's not half as amused as I am about the "joke".


Tiffin Punch, if I recall it's a concoction of: mumm champagne, bombay sapphire, lychee liqueur, grapefruit punch and real lychees, YUMMY.


I miss these days of no school... lounging around, just goofing around all day, drinks almost every night... just being retards really.. everyday and every night from monday to sunday is a holiday all the same :)




had my favourite favourite truffle fries and then ended the night playing wii back at my place.


★★★
Dinner at Wild Rocket

Our appetizers: Crab Cakes, Ahi Tataki, Salmon Carpaccio.


I've heard alot of amazing things about Wild Rocket, but I was rather disappointed with the ambiance in general, but especially with the standard of the food. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't amazing either? You know how I always say that my pictures don't do the food justice? Well imo, this time, the pictures look as (un)appetizing as they tasted? Personally I wouldn't go back, but I do know of people who swear by this place, so you should give it a try to decide for yourself :)


The desserts were the best part of the meal I think, we ordered chocolate fondant with vanilla ice cream, tiramisu, and if I recall correctly, a lychee sorbet?






After dinner, we ended up chilling at House again..


We're gonna seem like pigs, but after that huge dinner, we still had room for more!


★★★
Random Mish Mash I can't quite categorize

Lunch at Spruce.


My new mac book pro & a gorgeous vintage Leica my parents bought for display.


i know these are all rather random photos, and they probably seem rather futile/pointless to you, but there's a story to each of them that I'm hoping these photos will help me to trigger, when I look back at them in the future.




best negitoro-don and best ochazuke ever. the negitoro don is cooked by my awesome mummy btw.


my favourite yakitori restaurant in the world. daddy brought me there before I could even pay for my own meals (haha as though i pay for my own bills now, but you get the drift) and i have loved it ever since. every one i have brought there has ended up adoring it as well!




★★★
LEAVING SINGAPORE :(

packing my drawers before leaving, the clothes I brought to London... haha yes my wadrobe is almost entirely monochromatic... black/white/grey with a random spurt of blue sometimes :)






HI FAVOURITE PEOPLE. I know most of my favourite people don't read this space but I CANNOT WAIT TO BE WITH ALL OF YOU AGAIN. MISSING YOU, AND SENDING LOTS OF LOVE YOUR WAY :)


And that is how I left Singapore and ended up here in London. November has been a month of tutorial and lectures and reports and projects and yet more lectures, a month without the boy, a month of rainy days and gray skies. So like I said, I'm really glad December is here! Have a good December, everyone! x

No comments:

Post a Comment