Tuesday 30 March 2010

IMO BT SUCKS.

I haven't really been journalling because I don't have an active internet service right now. So frustrated with British Telecoms, they're completely incompetent. After moving out of my rental and into the apartment my parents bought for me, I've placed my order for broadband and landlines three times already. The first time they said they would call me back with an appointment date. They didn't. I had to call back four times until I was finally told there was no order record at all. Annoyed as I was, there was nothing I could do but place a new order. They gave me a new order number and told me that an engineer would come down on the 25th of March. On the 25th, NO. ONE. CAME. Finally, I rang them up, and was informed that the engineer would come the following day between 8am to 1pm. I even called to check at 10am and was assured that they were on they're way. Surprise surprise, by 2pm, still no one had appeared. I called them up again, waited on hold for a good forty minutes before finally being connected to an agent. They transferred me from one person to another, each time I was transferred, I had to wait another at least 15 minutes… only to have to repeat my entire story to someone who would transfer me yet again!!!!!!!

Finally, someone came up with the explanation. THERE WAS STILL NO BLOODY ORDER. And they had the audacity of accusing me of making up my order number. Honestly, with a order number format such as VOL 011-30376835328, do you think I could make something like that up accurately?! Then they told me it would take another 11 days before I could get any internet. In the midst of placing another order, they CUT ME OFF. PUT ME BACK TO THE MAIN MENU. AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO CALL BACK. WIN.

As much as I need internet in my life, there's no way I'm supporting businesses with appalling service like that so I've decided to apply for O2 broadband instead. If all goes well, I should be connected by this Thursday. I'm crossing my fingers and harboring high hopes even though everything I've learnt about British service and efficiency in the past two years screams otherwise.

In the meantime, I'm still at http://kimberlykristen.tumblr.com and on twitter. You know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment