Monday 4 January 2010

Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

It's been a whirlwind since I've got back from London. Technically, it's only been two weeks but it feels like forever. I guess that's kind of what I love about coming home to Singapore, it's almost as though I never left at all- life just picks up right where it left off: the people, the parties, the lifestyle, old habits all too familiar.

Anyway, from the moment we touched down it has been one event/party after another. 2 weeks, 10 parties, countless bottles of wine/champagne. I'm beginning to feel like I'm too old for it all.. it's nice during the festive season but I just can't imagine how I used to be able to go on night after night after night all year round in the past.

The boy and I decided to spend the weekend hibernating from the world, locked up in our room with only TV drama and each other to entertain ourselves, working our way through bottles of still & sparkling, overdosing on strepsils and love. And as much as I adore the festive season, sometimes it's just nice knowing that you can sit around all day and not have anywhere to rush off to or anything to get done.. so I have to say, it's been grand! Anyhow, let me start with New Year's Day and attempt to work my way back through the holidays (:


New Years' Day Dinner at Home.

The settings on the main dining table & the tatami room table.


The colourful water tumblers, playing with my Ferrero Rochers..


The vintage turn table actually works (:


Delicious pork belly, Dom PĂ©rignon Vintage 1999,



New Year's Eve

Slightly tricky because we had to be at three different places. Started the evening at Daren's Yiyi's house having our first dinner, then back to mine for a second dinner and counting, popping the champagne and all that... At the stroke of midnight, I was in Daren's arms, surrounded by family and family friends in the karaoke room, everyone screaming Auld Land Syne. And then we spent the rest of the night at Marc's house with the rest (:

At Marc's


Daren & I with the host, and then some rather disgusting rounds of Beer Pong!


With Bong, CJ and Cheng






The boys randomly put on some sexually explicit video, called all the girls out and started dancing...... Riiiight.


Shen, balloon face.


For some reason, chairs started to be thrown around, shoes thrown to the neighbors house...


You get the drift, basically chaos ensued...




And whilst all this was going on, our dearest host was just sitting on a chair looking at us kind of as though he was amused watching a telly programme.... completely contented in his own little world...


But of course, the boys couldn't just let him be.....


We're sorry we totally trashed your house ): Thank you Marc for an amazing night and for being such a gracious host!

Mambo



Bong & Daren










Funny story. I remember how not too long ago, when the lights came on at the end of the night usually around 330-4 am, I'd be really upset (definitely tipsy if not drunk) and insist that the deejay sucks for ending so early. This time, around 2am I was dying and wanting to go home. When I saw this sign pop up, my first thought was how there was absolutely no way I could stick it out till 430...


I guess it's time to face facts... I'm not as young as I like to think I am anymore ):



Cook Out

Lunch at Chili's


Grocery Shopping after, and Bong says my cutlery closet is his sanctuary.


Chef Tan & Chef Ong






Daren made Moroccan Salmon Cakes with Garlic Paprika Mayonnaise and Pan Seared Buffalo Mozzarella wrapped in Parma Ham:)


Mushroom Risotto that melts in the mouth


Everyone had pan seared taliapa for their mains and I, swordfish with the yummiest zestiest dressing. Accompanied with grilled vegetables and semolina baby potatoes roasted in goose fat, slurps.


The silly boys...


I tried to help but as usual I'm more of a nuisance than ever being any help... All the same, feel so blessed to have these two boys always cooking me amazing meals... awwwwww :)



Christmas Eve &&& Christmas Day at Mine

Preparations started the night before christmas eve... Chopping bags and bags and bags of endless mushrooms for the creamy mushroom sauce..




Really got to love my friends and their choice of gifts... condoms... lube.. jockeys?


Basically we drew lots, and in ascending order we'd choose presents from the centre pile not knowing who they're from... But when our turn comes, we can also "steal" presents from whoever got to choose before us... There were some more popular presents like... a carton of beer, the watchmen, wine/liquer bottles, starbucks vouchers etc....



Christmas Day, we made our own home-made pop corn for the first time since getting the machine (:


Really wish I'd taken more photos, such a pity. Mum did a splendid job, cooking a full 10 course christmas dinner (whole turkey, leg of ham, roast beef, lamb stew, eggplant parmagiana, creamy mushrooms, etc etc etc) for more than 100 people on christmas eve and more than 50 people on christmas day! Really should learn a thing or two from her, she's amazing!

We haven't taken down our decorations yet... so, from my family to yours, here's wishing you Happy Holidays and an amazing year ahead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment