Sunday 8 November 2009

DREAMING OF REVELRY

I have so many pictures to upload and my best friend is pulling the peer pressure thing so I shall attempt to do them more consistently. I have an hour to kill until I call the boy to wake him up anyway so here are the pictures from a random night at Overeasy/Butter back home.

Overeasy


Austen, Jia, Cheng & Bernard. Cheng was supposed to be in Bintan but after spending an insane amount of $$ stuck in a cab during peak hour jam to get to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, he found out he missed his ferry. So he paid to cab there, paid to cab home and pre-paid for a ferry ticket he couldn't use, hahahaha. So he drove to pick Jia & I up and we came here instead :)




Cheng & Ber


Bestie & I, making silly faces, camwhoring while waiting for D to come.


D finally arrived :)


Jialing, Austen (awesome expression), Bernard, Sze Liang








and the retardedness begins


trisha & sze: in your headddd, in your headdd


austen has a million different hilarious expressions, especially when he's high.




daren bought us like a million jaegars.


more retarded expressions lol


"if its too loud, you're too old" says the man who refuses to grow up (and whose age i don't suppose i should reveal lol)


getting freaky with godzilla-thingamagik


"and imma have you first always in my heart, to keep you satisfied"




to the ones who have always been there, will always be there; to the ones who matter in my heart <3


and then we ended the night having supper at my favourite mee sua bak chor mee :)


Anyway, today I met Kar Meng & Sem for dim sum today. We bumped into Anna & Rachel and then Lin & Zach in the restaurant. I love Chinatown and how it makes me feel like home- all the smells and the accents and the dialects. They accompanied me shopping for D's birthday present after lunch. Wanted to find the Beat Check wallet he loved & lost but it's no longer stocked so I got him the Brit Check belt from Burberry instead (and couldn't resist picking up a bracelet for myself, fine two bracelets cos I couldn't decide on gold or platinum), hope the belt fits him. Also got him a Paul Smith Laptop Sleeve for his Macbook. Love love love it, it's got the paul smith rainbow stripes trimmings and the sleeve itself is soft leather, mmm. Wanted to get one for myself because I do need a Macbook sleeve too but I thought it was slightly too masculine. Other presents in his birthday gift box include a leather woven iphone case, an iphone mini-portable-external-battery (because his battery always dies when he's out) and "the little book of i love you" which is super cute and i'll probably share pages from it soon! Will visit the post office before going to college tomorrow, hopefully he gets his present in time. Wish I could be there to celebrate it with him, this is his third birthday I'm missing out on because I'm always in London, November = Term Time :(

It's been at least five years since I've last been to church, so when Sem told me she was going to church, I surprised myself even by saying that I wanted to go too. We went for the service at Hill Song and the worship team is honestly just amazing! Different to the kind of church I'm (or was) used to, but I guess the most important thing is not how people worship but that they worship all the same? The theme for the sermon was basically about how it's easy to rejoice in God when we're going through good times, but that we need to believe in Him in tougher times as well. I guess it spoke to me rather well because 2008 and the first quarter of 2009 was a really testing period for me, honestly some of the darkest periods of my life and there were times I remember asking Daren why God was putting me through that. I remember him telling me that I can't just want God to answer my questions when I'm down and not care about the way I behave otherwise. Little did I know, God was actually speaking to me through Daren. He did give me an amazing Daren to see me through those dark days, even if I wasn't able to appreciate it then, it's one of the things i'm most thankful for everyday of my life now. I don't think anyone would have put up with me or the hurt I inflicted the way Daren graciously lovingly did. And yes, I made mistakes, but Daren and I wouldn't be as strong as we are today if I didn't take the path I did. In my brighter moments now, I realize that through it all I grew to be a stronger person, and I wouldn't be where I am, with who I'm with today if not for all the prior trials and tribulations. I guess the crux of the message was that we need to learn to rejoice in every day that God has made, whether we're having a good day or a bad day, and be strong in the faith that God has a reason for everything he puts us through. So thank you God, and thank you Daren :)

On a lighter note, just last night I came across a quote that was super cute and rather hilarious, and also sums it all up pretty well: "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

p/s- i haven't figured out how to resize both landscape and portrait photos to the same pixel dimensions on my new iphoto'09 yet thats why the landscape ones are so big. ahg so messy! does anyone know how to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment